PAH received a Gold award by WHO for its outstanding work in Health Promotion
Penang Adventist Hospital was awarded GOLD in a clinical health research project, by the World Health Organization (WHO) – The International Network of Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services, on Nov 18, 2014.
This makes us the FIRST and ONLY hospital in Malaysia to receive the distinguished recognition, after passing all 152 health promotion indicators.
Only 44 hospitals around the world have participated in this the global research, and PAH is one of them. The goal of this research is to determine if hospital that incorporates health promotion services would deliver better patient health outcome.
Our achievement has placed Malaysia as one of 10 countries in the world to collaborate with WHO in this ground breaking research.
The recognition by WHO only validates PAH as the leader in health promotion in Malaysia—something which PAH has always believed in and practiced for the past 90 years since the establishment of the hospital.
Since PAH joined the HPH Network, we are proud to announce that we have published and presented a total of 22 scientific abstracts at the annual Health Promoting Hospital (HPH) conferences.
22nd International Conference on Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Sciences, Barcelona, Spain. April 23-25, 2014.
- Promoting Health among Hospital Employees--the WAW way.
- Kangaroo club--a breastfeeding Support Group.
- Mother's milk and Baby Readmission rate.
- Promoting the 10 steps to successful breastfeeding.
- Diabetes and weight loss: a pilot study.
- A health promoting experience with the blind.
23rd International Conference on Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Sciences, Oslo, Norway. June 10-12, 2015.
- Factors associating with exclusive breastfeeding among patients in a private hospital.
- Using comic books to teach diabetes among elementary kids.
- Impact of workplace wellness on hospital employees’ health.
- Employees lost weight and improved health.
- Fitness self tracking gave "ownership" to hospital employees.
- "CEO: Let's move" - using multimedia to promote exercise.
- Promoting pride in breastfeeding through selfie.
- Cycle for heart.
- Free exercise machine-- the stairs!
24th International Conference on Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Sciences, Yale University, USA, June 8-10, 2016.
- Can Chronic Disease Risk be reduced through Weight Loss
- Changing Body Image the WAW Way
- Beyond Weight Loss and Cholesterol Reduction
- Online or Manual Fitness Tracker: which is better?
- Water your Trees
- Meatless Monday
- Skip for fun and Fun
A full-length research paper was in the official journal of HPH-WHO, namely the Clinical Health Promotion Journal in September 2014:
- Diabetes and Weight loss: a Pilot Study
(Volume 4, Issue 2 of Clinical Health Promotion – Research and Best practice for patients, staff and community).
Scientific Abstract of the Year
Among the hundreds of submissions, our abstract “Fitness Self Tracking gave Ownership to Hospital Employees” has been selected to be the Scientific Abstract for the year 2015 at the annual HPH world conference